About The Canadian Club of Calgary
The Canadian Club of Calgary was established in 1907, and is part of a group of similar Clubs across Canada, all with the same objective.
All Canadian Clubs in Canada are not-for-profit, non-partisan organizations dedicated to promoting a Canadian identity, encouraging Canadian unity, and fostering an interest in public affairs and Canadian institutions. There are no fund-raising activities, we are not a service organization, or “just another social club”. We want to make a difference, and to encourage those who are making a difference in our society.
We are men and women of all ages with diverse backgrounds who appreciate Canada’s strength and achievements, and want to promote Canadian identity and foster Canadian unity.
To encourage and foster patriotism, Canadian unity and Canadian identity.
The Club seeks to fulfill its mission by meeting the following objectives:
- Engage informative guest speakers to provide an awareness and exchange of ideas related to the history, institutions, arts, literature and resources of Canada.
- Support productive, organized debate on topics related to Canada amongst students in our educational system.
- Promote the importance and privilege of Canadian Citizenship.
The Board of Directors review the Club’s progress and actions over the past year, and arrived at the following proactive goals:
- To develop a business plan that is focused on rewarding the Club for success – we use all revenue to reinvest in our mission.
- To market luncheons and memberships effectively.
- To maintain other programs but do not enhance until Goal 1 achieved.
Monthly luncheon meetings from September to June provide an opportunity for members and guests to hear speakers address issues of local, national or international importance. There are no meetings in July and August.
A single membership is only $50.00 per year and gives you discount pricing for all of our events, notice of all upcoming luncheons with biographies of the speakers and a chance to hear from some of Canada’s greatest thinkers, leaders and groundbreakers.
We invite you to join us in inspiring others to celebrate our history and our accomplishments as a nation.